Within Computing we encourage a creative and collaborative environment in which pupils can learn to express and challenge themselves. We measure the success of the curriculum through conducting regular pupil voice sessions, the analysis of yearly progress data, lesson observations and skills audits. We use this information to inform future adaptions to the computing curriculum and ensure progression is made and evident with each child throughout school.
In order to demonstrate that we have accomplished our aims, pupils at Caedmon Primary School should:
- Be enthusiastic and confident in their approach towards Computing.
- Present as competent and adaptable ‘Computational Thinkers’ who are able to use identified concepts and approaches in all of their learning.
- Be able to identify the source of problems and work with perseverance to ‘debug’ them.
- Create and evaluate their own project work.
- Have a secure understanding of the positive applications and specific risks associated with a broad range of digital technology.
- Transition to secondary school with a keen interest in the continued learning of this subject.