We have taken the decision not to open school again tomorrow (Friday 2nd March).
We do appreciate that closing the school puts some families in a difficult situation, particularly with organising childcare. However, we genuinely feel that there is a high level of risk if we open at the moment: roads and paths are still dangerous (particularly in the side streets) , public transport is proving unreliable, wind chill makes walking outside uncomfortable unless you're wearing multiple layers and blizzard-like conditions still seem to come and go quite quickly.
The safety and wellbeing of everyone in our school community will always be our priority so, on balance, we feel this is the best course of action.
Class teachers will be updating their pages on the class website over the next few hours with some activities for the children to complete at home if you wish them to do so. http://www.caedmonprimary.org/year-group-pages/
We'll rearrange our celebrations for World Book Day and confirm the new date for you as soon as we have one.